The Ministry of Monitoring and Evaluation (MoME) was established by Executive Instrument (E.I 28) in January 2017. The MoME is tasked with the responsibility of tracking and reporting on delivery and impact key Government policies and programmes.
Our Core Mandate
- Coordinate, Facilitate, Monitor and Evaluate the effective and efficient implementation and delivery of government policies and programme aimed at addressing national development challenges
- Initiate evidence-based M&E Policies taking into account the mandate of the MDAs
- Increase government accountability and coordination to ensure cost-effectiveness and sustainability
- Accountability and Transparency
- Value for money
- Quality Management
- Application of evidence
Organisational Arrangement/Governance Structure
- Policy Planning, Budgeting, Monitoring and Evaluation (PPBME)
- Research, Statistics & Information Management (RSIM)
- Human Resource Development & Management (HRD&M)
- General Administration and Finance (GA&F)
- Promote real-time M&E of government High priority programmes and projects in line with set target
- Promote the culture of government-led evaluation, and evidence-based decision making
- Develop M&E national regulatory framework in collaboration with the NDPC and other key stakeholders
- Prepare performance reports and annual progress reports based on the Government Results Framework for High Priorities (GRFHP)
- Monitor quarterly budget and implementation performance of Government flagship programmes and selected Statutory Funds
- Promote innovation, research, human resource capacity development aimed at enhancing the M&E core competencies of MDAs
- Provide strategic input for the development of the medium-term plan in consultation with NDPC
- Improve general public understanding about the role of M&E in strengthening good governance and accountability for results, based on data/evidence
- Promote social accountability by increasing the voice of civil society and expanding the space for transparent and inclusive engagement between state and non-state actors
- Conduct research into the activities that aid in the formulation of policies and other government interventions
- Analyse data and statistics to inform evidence-based decision-making
- Design program assessments to derive actionable recommendations
- Established a network of M&E Focal Persons across 33 MDAs
- Developed Government Results Framework (2017-2020) for Government High Priority Programmes and Projects
- Prepared two (2) colour – coded annual Progress Report on Government Flagship Programmes
- Prepared two (2) Annual Progress Reports on Government High Priority Programmes
- Initiated Quarterly Budget Implementation Monitoring Tool for 17 Flagship Programmes and 4 Statutory Funds
- Organized M&E Capacity Building (Training and Technical Assistance) Programmes for MDAs
Promote real-time monitoring and evaluation of Government High Priority Programmes and projects.
Strengthen the capacity of key M&E actors in MDAs
Facilitate dialogue and knowledge sharing through innovative “lab” approaches between public sector organisations, private sector and relevant stakeholders.
Improve general public understanding about the role of M&E in strengthening good governance and accountability for results.
With Whom We Do It
- Inter-ministerial Programmes and foster dialogues between Public Sector Administrative Heads, Ministers etc.
- The Executive/Office of the President and MDAs/MMDAs on the practical delivery of the strategic results
- Link between government programmes and society