This Directorate leads the technical processes for the development of M&E policies, plans, programmes and budgets of all activities of the Ministry. It caters for the design and application of monitoring and evaluation systems for purposes of assessing the operational effectiveness of the Ministry’s M&E strategies and interventions.
The Directorate shall perform the following functions:
- Study and review all existing government and ministerial policies relating to the Ministry and its Agencies;
- Educate staff of the Ministry on all government policy documents (Coordinated program for Economic and Social Development (CPESD), MTDP and plan preparation guidelines , Budget Statement relating to their operations and activities
- Establish and compile a three-year rolling development program of all activities of the Ministry and its Agencies; forming the backbone of the medium-term expenditure framework;
- Prepare and submit Annual Programmes of activities relating to policy and planning of the Ministry and all its Agencies for the ensuing year and associated financial budget with necessary justification;
- The Directorate of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) will be responsible for the coordination of the national M&E system, the design and management of the M&E programme, its implementation nation-wide, the preparation of various national M&E reports, including the Annual Progress Report (APR)
- Guide the establishment of a comprehensive, national M&E system and its procedures, ensuring effective and participatory monitoring and evaluation of the implementation process;
- Establish a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework for ensuring the effective implementation of the long-term national M&E development plan and its corresponding medium-term national development policy frameworks; as well as development plans, programmes and projects at all levels;
- Oversee the preparation of M&E guidelines at all levels of administration and governance;
- Coordinate the process of preparing the national, sector and district M&E reports and the national APRs with the participation of public sector agencies, district assemblies, the private sector and civil society, including identifiable groups;
- Ensure; that national M&E Reports and APRs are widely disseminated;
- Support the establishment and maintenance of an effective Management Information System (MIS), Geographic Information (GIS),
- Work in close collaboration with Ministries, Department and Agencies (MDAs), Regional Coordinating Councils (RCCs) and Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) to identify and advise on the human resource and M&E capacity development needs of Policy Planning, Budgeting, Monitoring and Evaluation Departments (PPMEDs), Regional Planning Coordinating Units (RPCUs) and District Planning Coordinating Units (DPCUs).
- Plan and manage the work programme of the M&E Division, and its implementation in conformity with the overall work plan of the Commission;
- Provide intellectual guidance and professional leadership to the staff of the division and effective supervision of their work;
Policy, Planning & Coordination Unit
The Unit initiates and coordinates the broad sector policies of MDAs. It leads in the design, review and development of plans, standards, regulations, guidelines based on a sound framework for the effective implementation of the Ministry’s planned programmes and operations. It leads in the identification of needs, challenges, opportunities and policy options to support overall corporate and business strategy and generate National competitive advantage.
The role of the Policy Planning and Quality Assurance Unit is to provide technical advice to the Ministry of Monitoring and Evaluation with the view to guide decision-making and ensure compliance to international obligations and standards in monitoring and evaluation
The Policy Planning and Quality Assurance Unit is made up of three (3) Units and they are the Policy Planning Unit, the Research Unit, the Statistics Unit and the Quality Assurance Units.
Core functions of the Policy Planning & Coordination Unit are indicated below:
- Study and review all existing government policies relating to the Ministry and its Agencies and the entire sector;
- Educate staff of the Ministry, its Agencies and all stakeholders on all government policies relating to their operations and activities;
- Formulate and communicate policies to all agencies under the Ministry and the relevant private stakeholder;
- Prepare the long-term legal policy, strategic plan and framework as an input into the National Development Plan
- Institutionalize strategic planning and management in the Ministry and all its Agencies and ensure the implementation of a 5-year Strategic Plan for the Ministry and all its Agencies;
- Establish and compile a three-year rolling development programme of all activities of the Ministry and Agencies forming the backbone of the Medium-Term Expenditure Framework;
- Identify possibly sources of funding for all activities and programmes;
- Establish a portfolio of Ministerial projects with the view of addressing special inadequacies in the Urban and Rural areas.
- Supervise Donor Coordination in the planning, programming and implementation of Donor Supported Programmes;
- Prepare and submit annual programmes of activities relating to Policy and Planning for the ensuring year and associated financial budget with necessary justification not later than the end of 3rd quarter of each year;
- Collate and compile quarterly and annual reports of all activities and programmes relating to policy planning of the sector.
- Ensure that Monitoring and Evaluation policies are in line with national development programs and plans
- Analyze M & E plans of MDAs in order to make informed decisions and to guide policy intervention in regard to M & E trends
- Ensure the collection of accurate and quality statistics to conduct analysis of the changes in the implementation of policies of MDAs
- Provide policy programme and project advice
- Utilise information available for the general development of the sector
- Advise on allocation of recurrent budget
- Assist in preparation of recurrent budget estimates and advise on its implication on development projects
- Coordinate all planning, budgeting and execution of capital programme.
- Review consultants work and assist in evaluating consultant proposal for studies
3.4.2 Monitoring & Evaluation and Results Delivery Unit
The Unit ensures the provision of an effective basis for measuring the various stages of programs and projects of the MDAs as well as providing an objective basis for assessing the effectiveness of programs and projects of MDAs.
The Unit shall be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the implementation of policies, programmes, projects and plans of the Ministry. It designs and applies monitoring and evaluation systems for purposes of assessing the operational effectiveness of the sector to achieve the medium and long-term target of the sector.
Key functions of the Results delivery, Monitoring and Evaluation Unit are to: –
- Monitor and evaluate the projects and programmes implementation of the MDAs,
- Evaluate the impact of the policy outputs and outcomes on the national economy
- Coordinate, supervise, monitor and evaluate of projects and or programmes
Writing websites for paper have become more and more popular as a method to order your assignments. There are a variety of topics and pages. Enter your personal information, and the person assigned to your task will be sent. personal statement professional writers The progress of the writer can be seen and made any necessary updates. It’s easy to write and many writing sites offer chat functionality for communicating with the writer.